Hair Salon · Haircuts · Hair Color
Clayton Hair Salon is also a fully equipped nail salon. Nail stylist Becky Gordon provides expert nail services with the same friendly and welcoming personality Clayton Hair Salon is known for.
Book Nail Appts – (919) 971-3423
Nail Service Pricing:
- Manicure – $20
- Pedicure – $40
- Shellac – $30
- Acrylic Set – $40
- Acrylic Fill in – $30
- P&W Set – $50
- P&W Fill in- $30
- Tips with Gel – $50
- Tips with Acrylic – $45
- Fill ins – $30
Do’s and Don’ts for Healthy Nails
To keep your fingernails looking their best, here are some DO’s
- Keep your nails dry and clean. This prevents bacteria from growing under your fingernails. Prolonged contact with water can contribute to split nails. Wear cotton-lined rubber gloves when washing dishes, or when cleaning using harsh chemicals.
- Practice good nail hygiene. Using a sharp manicure scissors or clippers, trim your nails straight across. After which carefully round the tips in a gentle curve.
- Use moisturizer. When applying hand lotion, rub the lotion into your fingernails and cuticles as well.
- Apply a protective layer. Using a nail hardener might help strengthen nails.
- Take biotin supplement. Ask your doctor about taking the nutritional supplement biotin. Research suggests it may help strengthen weak or brittle nails.
To prevent unnecessary nail damage, DON’T:
- Bite your nails or pick at your cuticles. These habits are not only unhygienic, but they can damage the nail bed. Even a minor cut alongside your fingernail can allow bacteria to enter and cause infection.
- Pull off hangnails. Carefully clip off hangnails.
- Ignore problems. If you feel that you have a nail problem that doesn’t seem to go away on its own, or is associated with other symptoms, see your doctor or dermatologist immediately for an evaluation.
- Use harsh nail products. Limit your use of nail polish remover. If you really need to use one, opt for an acetone-free formula.